British American Tobacco is a leading tobacco group, with brands sold in around 180 markets. We employ more than 55,000 people and, with over 200 brands in our portfolio, we make the cigarette chosen by one in eight of the world’s one billion adult smokers. We hold robust market positions in each of our four regions – Americas; Asia-Pacific; Eastern Europe, Middle East and Africa; and Western Europe – and we are leaders in more than 60 markets. Our approach to marketing is second to none in our industry, in brand building, innovation and responsibility. Our companies adhere strictly to the high standards of our voluntary marketing principles. We play a significant role in local communities around the world. In many countries we are a top employer and the company of choice for people in all areas of our business. With our geographic diversity, strong brands, talented people and proven strategy, the Group is well placed to achieve further success.
Job Title: Country Security Manager
Job number 12074BR
Job title Country Security Manager
Appointment type Permanent
Job purpose and key deliverables
British American Tobacco has an exciting opportunity for a Country Security Manager to join our team in Nigeria, Lagos.
The main responsibilities of this role will include:
1) Advise the Director responsible for security, on an on-going basis, on:
3) Formulate, propose, implement and revise when necessary, the security policy for the Company.
4) Assist with the establishment and maintenance of a suitable ‘Security Overlay' for British American Tobacco Nigeria, in accordance with British American Tobacco ‘Best Practice’.
5) Formulate, direct and supervise security procedures for the protection of:
6) Ensure that security&fleet procedures within the company are according to British American Tobacco Policies and Best Practice.
7) Adequately protect company personnel, assets, business operations/activities and Intellectual property/information throughout the area.
8) Develop and maintain the professional standards and effectiveness of all subordinate security staff, by conducting such inspections and reviews as necessary for this purpose.
9) Produce a suitable Succession Plan
10) Control the functions of other security personnel, employees and contractors and those with security responsibilities so as to provide a properly co-ordinated and cost effective service.
11) Provide the input and advice necessary for the development, review and updating of the security element of contingency plans throughout the Company.
12) Provide briefings for international staff/visitors on ‘in-country’ security issues.
13) Conduct any security enquiry, investigation and survey/review in relation to any aspect of security, draw appropriate and supportable conclusions and make recommendations to prevent any recurrence.
14) Devise and co-ordinate appropriate specialist security training in respect of security and / or other nominated personnel employed within the Area.
15) Devise and implement induction driver training packages and refresher training packages for BATN / BATM drivers.
16) Compile and agree budgets and manage within them.
17) Management and oversight of the Business Continuity Management programme and requirements for Security function.
18) Monitoring the business activities and risk exposure to properly review and update the functions risk register on a quarterly basis.
19)Maintain and oversight on the review of the functions BCP document using the BCM manual as a guide and creating awareness of the BCM activities within the function.
The Country Security Manager, Nigeria will preferably be a graduate or expert in security management; with not less than 2 years in a similar managerial role. The ideal candidate will:
Working at BAT British American Tobacco (www.bat.com) is a market leading, global organisation with a long, established history and a bright and dynamic future. Thanks to our people we have continued to deliver growth and exceed expectations in an increasingly complex and challenging marketplace.
Our aim is to become the leading tobacco company in each of our markets by providing excellent products with confidence and responsibility expected of global consumer brands.
If you have the talent and motivation to help us succeed you’ll find we are equally committed to helping you reach your full potential too.
Employing company British American Tobacco Marketing Nigeria (BATMN)
Removal Date 24-Aug-2016
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click the Apply now button to send your application