Citibank represents the consumer banking operations of financial services giant Citigroup. The unit has more than 1,000 branches in about a dozen US states. California and Texas are its largest markets, but the bank also has a significant presence in the Northeast, as well as in Chicago and Miami. It has about 300 international locations in some 40 countries, with a focus on emerging markets in Asia, Latin America, and Central and Eastern Europe. Citibank provides standard banking fare such as deposit accounts, credit cards, and loans to consumers and small businesses, and utilizes its parent's breadth of financial services to also offer investment and financial planning services.
Job Title: Transaction Svs. Rep 4
Trade customers require constant updates on their transactions. They also wish to be promptly advised of changing regulations and its impact on their business. Trade transaction service representative is to ensure regular feedbacks is provided to trade customers, attend promptly to their inquiries and complaints and provide periodic reports of their outstanding trade transactions such as letters of credit, bills for collections and invisibles.
Following are key responsibilities of Trade Transaction SVs. Representative:
1. Maintain regular proactive calls with managed clients for Nigeria Trade Operations.
2. Manage day-to-day senior client contact and handling of client issues with proactive follow up with the respective Operations; Sales; Product Management teams.
3. Maintain day-to-day supervision and measurement of processing performed by TCS in relation to the end-to-end processing of transactions for Trade clients.
4. Place a high emphasis on controls.
5. Maintain structured reporting of all inquiries and investigations handled for all managed clients on the Tracking Systems.
6. Root cause analysis to be performed on all inquiries and investigations for managed clients to determine how we can further reduce the number of routine queries via automation and process enhancements.
7. Develop and review metrics, and monitor mechanisms to fully gauge the health of managed clients.
8. Review need for and implement Structured Standardised MIS and Scorecard reporting for distribution to managed clients for Nigeria Trade Operations.
9. Implementation of Quarterly Client Service Reviews with focus on individual client scorecards.
10. Monitoring of Service Levels for all managed clients to ensure Service Level Agreements are adhered to and client expectations are exceeded.
11. New Client on-boarding and management. Work in partnership with Sales; Product and Technical Partners.
12. Maintain pristine controls for all aspects of the TSP function to ensure effective risk management.
13. Maintain active engagement with Product, Sales and Coverage partners in relation to new customer requirements for increased revenue generation.
14. Improve overall relations with our client base providing clients with one to one support tailored to their specific business and requirements thus facilitating improved feedback on client reviews and surveys.
15. Liaise with EMEA Trade where applicable to provide our clients with a "best in class" service through streamlined operations delivery, innovative client solutions, clear, concise and timely responses to queries, Trade related issues and timely escalation of any issues to Operations managers.
16. Provide awareness to all managed clients of tools available to them to facilitate Trade transactions.
17. Handling escalations - escalate customer feedback, processing delays and errors appropriately.
• First University degree from a good-rated school preferred.
• 1-2 years Trade Finance experience within a banking environment would be preferable.
• 2-5 years experience in a customer service type role in Trade Ops is essential.
• Good Macro knowledge of trade flows would be desirable.
• Fluent in English language (written and verbal).
• Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) at all organisational levels.
• Excellent working knowledge of MS Office.
• Proficient in the use of computer applications and packages.
Ability to prioritise and organise own workload.
Excellent decision making skills.
Excellent customer service skills - ability to empathise with customers.
Ability to work well within team environment displaying willingness to help colleagues when required.
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click the Apply now button to send your application