Citi has been doing business in Nigeria since 1984. The bank formerly operated under the name Nigeria International Bank Limited, but was renamed to Citibank Nigeria Limited (Citi Nigeria) in 2008 to fully align with Citi's global brand and identity.
The bank has a strategic business focus in Nigeria specializing mainly in Corporate Banking and servicing mostly corporate clients. Citi Nigeria offers a broad range of services, including global transaction services, sales and trading, corporate finance and investment banking services to corporate and commercial customers, financial institutions (including other banks) and public sector organizations.
Foreign exchange purchase and utilization is highly regulated in Nigeria by the Central Bank. There are mandatory regulatory reporting (daily, monthly, etc.) requirements. There are also periodic and ad hoc examinations and review by the CBN and other regulatory agencies.
Cash and Trade Process Analyst 2 is responsible for Regulatory reporting, coordination of monthly and surprise proofs, monitoring and supervision of Managers' Control Assessment (MCA), oversight of the outsource service providers and tracking of transit accounts such as Nostros, Sundries and deferred accounts.
His/her primary focus is to ensure accurate and timely rendition of various regulatory reports, prepare the unit for regulatory examinations and ensure effective oversight on the outsourced service provider.
The following are the specific tasks and responsibilities of the Transaction Svs. Sr. Supervisor:
1. Review transactional documentation for various Trade products and processes to ensure full compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of America, Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international conventions.
2. Ensure that updates of transaction details on business applications for various Trade products and processes by processors, supervisors and unit heads comply with Citigroup corporate policy and local procedures. Ensure that such updates are done accurately and promptly.
3. Ensure that information provided to regulators, independent control, external auditors, Citigroup auditors, customers, business units and operations management is accurate and adequately representative of the degree of compliance with applicable requirements.
4. Ensure proofing of internal accounts to departmental records as and at when due. Ensure that all proof exceptions are corrected and root causes fixed.
5. Plan and co-ordinate MCA for various Trade products and processes as and at when due. Ensure that all MCA exceptions are corrected and root causes fixed. Ensure that satisfactory MCA and IA ratings are achieved for various Trade products and processes. Ensure that CBN, NDIC and any regulatory audits are satisfactory for various Trade products/processes.
6. Ensure all regulatory reports, requests and enquiries are attended to promptly and are submitted within the set deadlines. Ensure completeness and accuracy of such deliverables.
7. Ensure that all accruals, amortisations, charges and fees are accurately computed as and at when due and that appropriate accounting entries are accurately passed as and at when due.
8. Ensure that processors and supervisors adhere to service delivery standards, operating procedures and Resolve ITs/PCFCs. Resolve all exceptions and root causes. Escalate to the Departmental Head/SCOO/other seniors where necessary.
9. Provide guidance and training for processors, supervisors and unit heads. Ensure appraisals, job descriptions, development summaries and goals are prepared for processors and supervisors as and at when due. Proactively enable processors and staff to acquire and develop the necessary skills for their career development and growth. Ensure that human and other resource requirements for efficient and smooth running of Trade Operations are provided within budget limits.
10. Review and update local procedures, Resolve ITs/DCFCs, MCA checklists and designations as and at when due for compliance with applicable regulatory guidelines, laws of Nigeria and/or the United States of America, Citigroup corporate policy, local procedures and international conventions.
11. Provide input to the development of Trade product programmes. Support the business units on all Trade business development projects.
12. Ensure optimum operational efficiency of the various Trade products/processes. Monitor all processes for optimum performance and initiate/participate in process improvement steps where necessary. Review service delivery standards in line with customer and business requirements.
13. Manage and coordinate the activities of the off-shoring unit by ensuring that they deliver in line with the approved procedures and Statements Of Works (SOW).
14. Ensure effective working relationship between the offshore processing unit and the branch.
15. Ensure that institutional policy/local regulatory changes is communicated to the off-shoring unit in a timely manner.
16. Provide leadership, vision and strategic direction for the department as a whole, with guidance on interpretation on all applicable policies.
17. Drive continuous improvement in customer and employee satisfaction through various initiatives contribute to the growth and sustainability of the business portfolio.
18. Ensure strategic deployment of human and other resources to achieve corporate goals.
19. Maintain good rapport with representatives of customers and regulators and provide leadership in resolution of any issues that can potentially adversely impact the relationships of these parties with the bank.
• A good University First Degree
• 10 - 12 years banking experience, particularly in operations.
• Highly numerate
• Strong leadership and people management skills
• customer friendly
• Excellent Computer skills
• Very Good mental aptitude and intelligence
• Strong oral and written communication skills
• Strategic vision
• Strong execution skills
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organisational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click the Apply now button to send your application