The position entails working and supporting other Transactors / professionals with overall responsibility of end-to end corporate finance business including origination, structuring, execution and distribution of cross border and domestic transactions across Nigeria.
To assist SSA Corporate Finance on regional deals
• Working on the direct end to end origination, structuring, distribution and execution of episodic debt funding solutions for high impact customers in conjunction with EMEA based capital Markets Origination (CMO) and Mergers and Acquisitions (M and A) partners. This will involve:
• Producing presentation materials and pitches to high impact clients
• Analyzing financials of clients to develop funding or advisory solutions
• Working with coverage and product partners on all internal approvals required for transactions
• Preparation of investment and marketing materials (e.g. transaction teasers and investment memorandums)
• Reviewing transaction documentation
• Working with other Transactors to procure investors for structured and funded solutions in form of international, regional, and local financial institutions – including banks , non-bank investors multilateral and bilateral financial institutions and other non -traditional investors
• Assisting on structuring nonstandard funding solutions whilst driving multi product cross sell to deliver ‘One Citi ’ to customers in close collaboration with product, industry, risk and Business/ coverage partners in Nigeria
• Working with other Transactors to manage and mitigate all risk aspects embedded in the episodic CF transactions, including credit, XB, liquidity and operational risks
Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 15 years post qualification experience, out of which 10 years must have been in the banking industry and at least 3 years on senior manager or equivalent position.
• Minimum continuous credit and financial analysis experience or relevant experience from other areas of the bank or other companies.
• Customer management and negotiation skills
• Ability to recognize and exploit business opportunities
• Analytical skills
• A BSc / BA degree.
• A postgraduate degree and relevant professional qualifications will be an added advantage.
• Understanding the impact of constant regulatory changes on customers businesses and in converting them to business opportunities
• Ability to optimally coordinate the activities of the different units within the bank in order to deliver good quality service to the customer.
• Designing strategies and products to enable Citibank stay ahead of competition
• Ability to convince customers to adhere to high compliance/ethical standards of Citibank for transaction processing in a non-compliant environment.
• Problem loan recognition capability
Exceptional candidates who do not meet these criteria may be considered for the role provided they have the necessary skills and experience.
Demonstrates an appreciation of a diverse workforce. Appreciates differences in style or perspective and uses differences to add value to decisions or actions and organizational success.
Citi is an Equal Opportunities Employer
Method of Application
Interested and qualified? Click the Apply now button to send your application